Enjoy the great taste of Banga in rice, your taste buds never knew they could blend beautifully well as they surely will.
- Palm fruit extract – either made from scratch or in a can
- 1 Tsp Banga spices
- Crayfish (optional)
- Smoked fish
- Oburunbebe stick (optional)
- Beef stock
- maggi cubes
- Chopped red onions
- Dry or fresh pepper
- Dissolve the palm fruit extract in enough water to cook the amount of rice you need.
- Add beef stock if you have, chopped onions, dry pepper, the Banga spices, the Obunrubebe stick, the smoked fish, crayfish, salt and seasoning cubes.
- Bring this to a boil until you see patches of oil float to the top.
- Taste to be sure you are pleased with the flavour, turn down the heat and go wash the rice.
- Add the washed rice to the pot. The rice grains will cook and absorb the palm fruit broth. Let the rice cook till it gets soft. Serve immediately
- Serve with a small portion of Banga soup if you have and also serve with fresh fish and prawns